- This event has passed.
(Sold Out) Dark Wonderland
June 12, 2015, 7:30pm–10:00pm
Tickets for all dates of Dark Wonderland are sold out. No tickets will be available at the door.
Take a journey down the rabbit hole, using Green-Wood’s 478 acres as a spectacular theatrical backdrop. To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Alice in Wonderland, we present a modern take on the idea of wonderland – a Fabled City, a place of dizzying possibilities and consequences, a world where saints and sinners rest together amidst otherworldly beauty.
Begin your night with twilight refreshments before embarking on a twisting walk down the candlelit pathways of Green-Wood’s nighttime landscape. At the path’s end, visionary artists, all carefully selected by MAPP International Productions, will hold a modern-day looking glass to New York City through stunning presentations in music, dance, and theater. Click here to read the curatorial statement.
Each week will feature a new lineup of dynamic artists. Come multiple nights to see completely different experiences! Upon purchase, you will receive a code to use on discounted tickets for additional weeks of Dark Wonderland. Click here for more information about each weekend’s roster.
Green-Wood is proud to partner with MAPP International Productions, a nonprofit producer of major performing arts projects that raise critical consciousness and spark social change. Dark Wonderland is supported in part by the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, Con Edison, and Full Spectrum Experience, Inc.
Advance/Online tickets: $25*
At the door: $30* (will not be available for Sold Out shows)
*$5 discount for members of Green-Wood or the Brooklyn Historical Society
Doors open at 7:00pm. Event begins at 7:30pm.
– A portion of this event is conducted on foot. Mobility is required. Please be cautioned that walk may be hilly – wear comfortable shoes.
– This show is appropriate for ages 18 and up.
– No outside alcohol or food is permitted in the cemetery.
– Please arrive at Green-Wood’s main entrance (25th Street and 5th Avenue) at the specified time
– Chairs and benches are provided and all tickets are General Admission tickets.
– This event is approximately 120 minutes.
– Flash photography is not permitted during the performance.