- This event has passed.
Spring Plant Walk with the Next Epoch Seed Library
May 29th , 11:00am – 12:30pm
Spring is a great time to meet some of the wild, weedy, and resilient plants who make their homes in Green-Wood’s urban meadows! Join Ellie Irons and Anne Percoco of the Next Epoch Seed Library for a socially distanced, multisensorial walking tour focused on spontaneous urban flora. As we find and interact with individual plants, we’ll consider the role of plant-human reciprocity in ecosystem function, and how different management strategies impact our plant neighbors and the many other life forms who rely on them. We’ll also make a visit to the Cemetery’s rewilding experiment “Rethinking Urban Grasslands,” where we’ll meet some of the vegetal collaborators who are helping make it happen.
Location: Check-in takes place in the meadow at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street. Look for signage.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– The tour guide will be using a voice amplifier to ensure all social-distancing protocols are adhered to.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
– Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.