Featuring Mary Lattimore & Loni Landon
July 14, 2021 , 7:00pm – 8:00pm
Intrigued by the notion that cemeteries can act both as spaces for mourning and social engagement, choreographer Loni Landon and experimental harpist Mary Lattimore have created a site-specific performance at Green-Wood exploring the possibilities of rebirth and renewal amid loss. Taking place in Cedar Dell, a unique natural amphitheater with some of the oldest gravestones in the Cemetery, each evening will include music, dance, the premiere of a new collaboration between Landon and Lattimore, and an opportunity to participate in a meditation and sound bath. This performance is presented in partnership with four/four presents, as part of their summer-long Open Air series.
Please note: Check-in will begin at 6:00pm, and the performance begins promptly at 7:00pm. We recommend arriving before 6:45pm as the performance site is a 15-20-minute walk from the Main Entrance.
MORE ABOUT THE ARTISTS
Mary Lattimore is a Los Angeles-based harpist. She experiments with effects through her Lyon and Healy Concert Grand pedal harp, concocting half-structured improvisations which can include both ambient glitter and unsettling noise. Her first solo record, the Withdrawing Room, was released on Desire Path Recordings in 2014. The solo recordings that followed, At the Dam and Collected Pieces, were released by Ghostly International. You can discover more of Mary’s music on bandcamp.
Loni Landon is a dancer, choreographer, and movement consultant who has performed with Aszure Barton & Artists, Ballet Theater Munich, Tanz Munich Theater, and The Metropolitan Opera. Landon has also created work commissioned by dance companies and film directors from across the country. Her collective, Loni Landon Dance Project, has performed at The Joyce Theater, Pulse Art Fair, Jacob’s Pillow Inside/Out Series, as well as at Bryant Park and the first annual Beach Sessions in Rockaway Beach.
$25 / $20 for members. There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number to access your discounted tickets.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO NOTE BEFORE PURCHASING YOUR TICKET
- In case of rain, the performance will be scheduled for Friday, July 16th, 7-8:15pm
- Check-in will begin at 6:00pm, and the performance begins promptly at 7:00pm. We recommend arriving before 6:45pm as the performance site is a 20-minute walk from the Main Entrance.
- The walk to the site is over hilly and uneven terrain, proper footwear is recommended. Signs and volunteers will direct you. For those with mobility issues, transportation can be provided from the Main Entrance.
- Health and safety protocols will be strictly enforced, including wearing a mask and keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those not in your party. Follow directions given by Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Seating is on grass, you are welcome to bring a blanket or cushion.
- Food and drink are not permitted, except water.