- This event has passed.
Music for Two People: Caroline Shaw & Andrew Yee
September 7th , 7:30pm – 10:00pm
THE LONG STORY
What do you get when you combine Pulitzer Prize-winning composer Caroline Shaw and Grammy Award-winning cellist Andrew Yee? We don’t entirely know, but we’re 100% certain it’s going to be a supernova too powerful to contain. You won’t want to miss it!
These two majestically gifted performers will bring their talents to a program of freshly scripted compositions (written by them) and re-workings of other pieces (also written mostly by them)—including the world premiere of a piece inspired by Green-Wood’s extraordinary tree collection.
If this evening couldn’t get any better, enjoy a complimentary whiskey tasting and snacks (all free!).
The Short Story
This one-night-only event will answer the long-pondered question of just how much towering talent we can cram into Green-Wood’s Catacombs … join us to find out!
$35, no member discount available. There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Important things to note before purchasing your tickets
- Attendees must provide proof of vaccination. Without proof of vaccination, you will not be admitted into the performance.
- We will start with an hour-long reception to enjoy a whiskey tasting and snacks (all free!), and the beauty of the Cemetery, before the program begins.
- Transportation to the Catacombs is either by a 15-20 minute guided walk through the Cemetery or riding Green-Wood’s trolley (masks are required on board).
- Masks are required in the Catacombs throughout the duration of the performance.
- The program inside the Catacombs will run for approximately one hour with no intermission.
- Health and safety protocols will be strictly enforced, including wearing a mask and keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those not in your party. Follow directions given by Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Sorry, we cannot refund or exchange tickets for another performance or timeslot.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
- Attendees must wear a face covering when aboard the trolley and during the performance in the Catacombs.
- The walk is over hilly and uneven terrain, comfortable footwear is encouraged. Transportation via trolley will be provided to and from the performance.
- Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.