- This event has passed.
Meet the Bees (Green-Wood Members-Only Beehive Tour)
October 7th , 10:30am – 12:00pm
Join our beekeeper, Nick Hoefly, for an onsite exploration of Green-Wood’s beehives! Get an “in-hive” look at the incredible behaviors of honey bees, from colony workings, to gathering nectar, to producing honey.
You’ll discover what it takes to be a beekeeper as you learn about hive tending and the ancient process of harvesting honey. Prepare to be amazed by these industrious creatures and the artistry and science of beekeeping!
Price: $20 for members, $30 for non-member guests
Protective gear will be provided, but this event may not be suitable for those with bee sting allergies. Participants will need to sign a safety and liability waiver at the start of the tour in order to participate. This event is intended for adults, but kids 10 and up may attend with a legal guardian who can sign the waiver on the minor’s behalf. Tickets are required for all participants, including kids.
Current 2023 season Beehive Sponsors are eligible for tickets to this tour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get access to tickets (limit 2 per sponsorship).
The rain date for the October 7th tour is October 21st at 10:30am. The rain date for the October 14th tour is October 21st at 1pm.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There is no need to print tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Arch near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. The route includes hills as well as grassy and uneven terrain. There is no place to sit down during the tour. Due to the challenging nature of the route, this tour is not ADA compliant and is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave during the tour. Please consider your own abilities–as well as those in your party–before purchasing tickets.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled. If a rain date is scheduled, tickets will be honored only on that date.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
- Your membership must be active at the time of the event. Each member is allowed a number of member tickets in line with their membership benefits. Purchases that do not follow these guidelines may be canceled and refunded. Please click here to view ticket allowances for members only events.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.