- This event has passed.
Breadths of Listening at Twilight
May 18, 2021 , 7:00pm – 9:00pm
In this special site-specific program—part walking tour, part performance—participants are led through Green-Wood’s winding paths and roads to encounter music embedded in and responding to the bucolic spring landscape. Scattered across the Cemetery’s rolling hills and in the Catacombs, celebrated improvisers Gelsey Bell (voice), Shayna Dunkleman (percussion), gamin (piri and saenghwang), Darius Jones (alto saxophone), Erin Rogers (tenor saxophone), and David Watson (great highland bagpipe) will perform three sets of unamplified duets that investigate sound over distance. Conceived by Bell and created for this unique time in New York City, the performances are inspired by how we have renegotiated distance in the face of the pandemic and celebrate our ability to begin to join together again. Tour guides will share select stories of Green-Wood permanent residents along the way. Songbirds at dusk, if not bats after dark, are sure to offer their own musical performances.
This tour begins near Green-Wood’s Main Entrance at 25th Street and Fifth Avenue.
$35 / $30 for members. There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number to access your discounted tickets.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
- Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
- The walk is over hilly and uneven terrain, comfortable footwear is encouraged.
- Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
- Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.