- This event has passed.
Secrets in Stone Walking Tour
October 30th , 2:30pm – 4:00pm
There is a secret language at Green-Wood that is etched in its centuries-old monuments. Inverted torches, bales of wheat, and hourglasses with wings are but a few of the curious depictions that you will encounter. This eye-opening walking tour will showcase the meaning of these eternal, though sometimes cryptic, symbols.
$30/ $25 for members. There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name. The walk is over hilly and uneven terrain, comfortable footwear is encouraged.
We know it’s Halloween season, but please do not arrive in costume. Attendees in costume, face-paint, or masks will not be admitted. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Location: Check-in takes place in the meadow at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees are strongly encouraged to wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– The walk is over hilly and uneven terrain, comfortable footwear is encouraged.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
– Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.