- This event has passed.
Memorial Day Walking Tour
May 31, 2021 , 11:00am – 1:00pm
In honor of Memorial Day, Green-Wood presents this special two-hour walking tour in recognition of the people who sacrificed so much in service to this country. Through this eye-opening exploration that highlights Green-Wood’s permanent residents who served in the Armed Forces, we commemorate Clarence McKenzie, the twelve-year-old drummer boy for the 13th Regiment, memorialized at the Civil War Soldiers Lot; the men who fought in the Battle of Brooklyn, the largest battle of the American Revolution, which took place across the land that is now a part of The Green-Wood Cemetery; individuals recently recognized as part of Green-Wood’s World War II project; and others.
Tickets are pay-as-you-wish, though we recommend $10-$15 per person.
With your support, Green-Wood is able to offer free and low-cost programs throughout the year.
Please note that tickets are limited to one per transaction due to capacity and must be reserved in advance. Tickets are non-refundable and cannot be rescheduled.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– The tour guide will be using a voice amplifier to ensure all social-distancing protocols are adhered to.
– The walk is over hilly and uneven terrain, comfortable footwear is encouraged.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.