- This event has passed.
Juneteenth Family Day
June 19th , 1:00pm – 4:00pm
Please Note: This event has been moved to Monday, June 19th, from Saturday, June 17th due to forecasted thunderstorms.
Celebrate this important holiday marking the end of slavery by delving deep into Black history at Green-Wood!
Participate in free art activities with ASNEAA’s Community Legacy Project: make a legacy bracelet, contribute to the BIPOC Heritage Board, or decorate a kindness rock to take home or leave at a grave.
Price: Free. Registration recommended.
Families can also take a self-guided tour of the gravesites of fascinating Black historical figures. Maps and biographies of featured burial sites will be available when you enter the Cemetery, and our trolley will run on a loop to all sites so folks can hop on and off as they please.
For this event, please enter the Cemetery through the Fort Hamilton Parkway Entrance (Fort Hamilton Parkway and Micieli Place). Craft activities and tour materials can be found there.
Free. Registration is recommended, but not required. Please consider a donation to the Green-Wood Historic Fund so that we can continue to offer free and low-cost programs throughout the year.
Before Registering, Please Note:
- Location: This program takes place at and near the Fort Hamilton Parkway Entrance to Green-Wood at Fort Hamilton Parkway and Micieli Place.
- Attendees ages 2 and over are encouraged to wear a face covering at all times on the trolley, regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff, ambassadors, and other program leaders. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- Comfortable, closed-toe footwear is recommended. Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are no paper or e-tickets, and registrants do not have to check in. Registration is helpful to give us an idea of participant numbers so that we may have enough materials on hand.
- Inclement weather policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the program and will not make a final decision until 8 am the day of the program. Registered attendees will be notified by email in case of cancellation. There is no rain date for this program.