- This event has passed.
April 20th , 6:00pm – 8:00pm
Translated from the Japanese as “flower viewing,” hanami is the best way to describe the pure joy of seeing flowering trees as they come into full bloom. To honor the beauty of the spring season and showcase Green-Wood’s extensive (and colorful!) collection of cherry blossoms, this after-hours event invites visitors to stroll tree-lined paths, enjoy music and stunning views of New York Harbor, and learn more about the Cemetery’s arboretum and wildlife. We are delighted to partner with our friends at Japan Village in Industry City, who have curated a top-notch offering of sweet and savory refreshments.
Important things to note before purchasing your ticket:
- Rain date: April 21st, 6–8pm
- The performances begin promptly 6:00pm, doors open at 5:45 pm
- The walk to the site is over hilly and uneven terrain, proper footwear is recommended.
- Health and safety protocols will be strictly enforced, including wearing a mask and keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those not in your party. Follow directions given by Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- No outside food or drink is permitted.
- Maps will be emailed in advance.
In the event of inclement weather and cancellation, tickets will be honored on April 21st. No refunds will be issued. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
– Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.