- This event has passed.
Green-Wood’s Hidden Treasures: A Horticulturist’s View
May 21st , 11:00am – 12:30pm
Green-Wood is an immense place, and a visit to our grounds can be overwhelming. What should you see? What direction should you go in? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This new series of tours, led by the Cemetery’s expert staff, provides a behind-the-scenes exploration of art, history, and nature.
Did you know that Green-Wood is a Level III accredited arboretum? For this morning’s walking tour, Green-Wood’s Director of Horticulture Joseph Charap will give you a behind-the-scenes look into the inner-workings of the arboretum.
Price: $25, and $20 for members
How does the horticulture department manage and care for Green-Wood’s natural landscape? What goes into tree selection and preservation? How can we steward our landscape for the future? Joseph will answer these questions and more as he fills you in on recent research initiatives, special projects, and landscape renovations—including the partnership with Cornell University to leverage urban grasslands in the fight against climate change.
Joseph has worked at Green-Wood since 2014, championing the plants of Green-Wood (both great and small) as we strive to maintain a diverse and sustainable urban arboretum.
Location: Check-in takes place at the Sunset Park Entrance at Fourth Avenue and 35th Street.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- Attendees are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to wear a face covering at all times, regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- This tour will involve walking on uneven terrain and climbing steps. Comfortable footwear is suggested.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the Sunset Park Entrance at Fourth Avenue and 35th Street.
- There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Tickets are non-refundable (unless the tour is canceled by Green-Wood) and cannot be exchanged for a different tour or date!
- Inclement weather policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever. We will credit your ticket(s) for a future tour or program, just email email@example.com prior to your tour. Please understand our staffing is limited and we will respond as soon as we can.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.