- This event has passed.
Green-Wood at Night
July 1st , 7:30pm – 9:30pm
Long after Green-Wood’s gates close to the public, explore its historic grounds under the cover of night. You’ll discover some of the Cemetery’s most stunning monuments and infamous permanent residents, including the ostentatious memorial to “The Soda Fountain King” John Matthews, the formerly unmarked grave of gang leader William Poole (better known as “Bill the Butcher”), and the true-crime-podcast-worthy tale of the murder of dentist Harvey Burdell in 1857. Your evening includes a peek into one of Green-Wood’s elaborate nineteenth-century mausoleums, normally closed to the public. Buy your tickets soon; these tours always sell out fast!
Price: $30, and $25 for members
Location: Check-in takes place at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- Due to COVID-19, this tour may be canceled. Attendees will be notified immediately of any changes and your ticket(s) will be refunded.
- Attendees are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to wear a face covering at all times, regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- This tour will involve walking on uneven terrain and climbing steps. Comfortable footwear is suggested.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the meadow near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
- There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Tickets are non-refundable (unless the tour is canceled by Green-Wood) and cannot be exchanged for a different tour or date!
- Inclement weather policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever. We will credit your ticket(s) for a future tour or program, just email email@example.com prior to your tour. Please understand our staffing is limited and we will respond as soon as we can.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.