- This event has passed.
Beethoven Violin Concerto (pocket edition)
Gil Shaham & The Knights
June 25th , 7:00pm – 10:00pm
The Long Story
Normally, in order to perform Beethoven’s luminous, life-affirmingly beautiful Violin Concerto, one needs a full orchestra…fortunately, we have superstar violinist Gil Shaham and a contingent of five top-shelf players from Brooklyn’s own ensemble, The Knights (including founding brothers Colin and Eric Jacobsen), who have shrunk the work down to their pandemic-proof “pocket Beethoven” version. They’ll make six players sound like sixty, and cut to the core of this transcendent masterwork.
Join us for this one-of-a-kind, one-night-only outdoor event. The evening opens with jazz at sunset accompanied by a tasting of whiskey, mezcal, gin and other spirits from distilleries like Appalachian Gap Distillery, Madre Mezcal and more. At dusk, Gil and the Knights will take the stage for some deliciously bite-sized Beethoven!
The Short Story
One of today’s greatest living violinists and one of Brooklyn’s most beloved ensembles, stripping away the layers of Beethoven’s immortal work until they find the eternity that lies at its center.
$60. There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Important things to note before purchasing your tickets
- Attendees must fill out a health survey in advance of the event.
- Doors open at 6:45 PM, and the program starts at 7 PM, and lasts approximately three hours. No admittance after 8:30PM.
- The evening begins with jazz music and a spirits tasting from 7-9 PM. Then, from 9-10PM, Gil Shaham & The Knights take the stage.
- Outside food and drinks are prohibited, except water.
- Rain date Saturday, June 26.
- Health and safety protocols will be strictly enforced, including wearing a mask and keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those not in your party. Follow directions given by Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Sorry, we cannot refund or exchange tickets for another performance or timeslot.
- There are no member discounts for this performance.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– The walk is over hilly and uneven terrain, comfortable footwear is encouraged.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.