- This event has passed.
Battle of Brooklyn Trolley Tour
August 29, 2021 , 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join historian Barnet Schecter, author of The Battle for New York, and Green-Wood Historian Jeff Richman, for this annual trolley tour of Green-Wood’s Revolutionary War-related sites. On August 27, 1776, Green-Wood was a battlefield—and much of the largest battle of the war was fought across its grounds. This tour is very popular and sells out every year—get your tickets now to avoid disappointment.
$25 / $20 for members.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the Gothic Arch near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
- Seating is limited. Trolley tours routinely sell out. We strongly suggest that you reserve tickets in advance to ensure a spot for your preferred day!
- There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call (718) 210-3080, ext. 1. Please note that portions of the tour take place outside the trolley, however attendees may stay seated in the trolley if they wish. Please contact the Historic Fund for more information.
Trolley tours are run rain or shine, with the exception of dangerous conditions as determined by Green-Wood. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
- Attendees MUST wear a face covering at all times on the trolley, regardless of vaccine status.
- Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.