- This event has passed.
(SOLD OUT) An Inside Look at History and Preservation (Members Only Trolley Tour)
A Tour with Jeff Richman and Neela Wickremesinghe
March 4, 2023 , 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Join Jeff Richman, Green-Wood’s Historian, and Neela Wickremesinghe, Director of Restoration and Preservation, for an insider’s perspective of Green-Wood. Jeff and Neela will entertain you with some of their favorite Green-Wood stories, from the design and development of our grounds to some of our most fascinating permanent residents. Learn about recent historical discoveries and hear what it takes to keep the monuments and mausoleums looking their best for centuries to come.
Price: $30, and $20 for members
Members at the Donor level and below will not need their member ID; the member tickets reflect the final member price. (Members at the Perry Fellow level and above can use their member ID as usual to access their complimentary tickets.) Please email email@example.com if you need the password.
Location: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- Your membership must be active at the time of the event. Each member is allowed a number of member tickets in line with their membership benefits. Purchases that do not follow these guidelines may be canceled and refunded. Please click here to view ticket allowances for members only events.
- Tickets: There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: Portions of this tour may include climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather closely for the best chance of proceeding with the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
Not a Member?
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.