Above and Beyond: Soldiers and Civilians of World War II
November 6th , 10:00am – 12:00pm
Cemeteries are more than places for the dead, they are places for the living to remember and honor those who came before us, allowing their legacies to live on. That’s why Green-Wood launched its World War II Project in February 2021—eighty years after America entered the war. With the help of friends and family, we’re identifying and honoring the soldiers and civilians who served our country in WWII and now rest at Green-Wood. So far, hundreds of descendants have contacted us about their ancestors who served. One soldier stood guard at the Nuremberg Trials. Another defended Pearl Harbor. One woman was a real-life “Rosie the Riveter.”
Join Green-Wood Historian Jeff Richman, who launched the World War II Project, for an opportunity to visit the graves of some of these fascinating people, hear their stories, and see their faces in the photographs family members have shared with us.
$30/ $25 for members. There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
- Seating is limited. Trolley tours routinely sell out. We strongly suggest that you reserve tickets in advance to ensure a spot for your preferred day!
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1. Please note that portions of the tour take place outside the trolley, however attendees may stay seated in the trolley if they wish. Please contact the Historic Fund for more information.
Trolley tours are run rain or shine, with the exception of dangerous conditions as determined by Green-Wood. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees MUST wear a face covering at all times on the trolley, regardless of vaccine status.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.