Tales of Turmoil: Crime and Catastrophe Part 2
October 21st , 10:00am – 12:00pm
With over 575,000 permanent residents resting at Green-Wood, there are many whose paths to the afterlife were far from peaceful. Building upon the riveting tales from Crime and Catastrophe Part 1, this trolley tour delves even further into the depths of darkness with more true crime and disaster stories told across the Cemetery grounds. Explore the intriguing story of Magdalena Herrmann, whose deceptive marriage secured her property and wealth; learn about the mysterious case of Evelina Bliss and the poisoned clam chowder that claimed her life; pay tribute to the victims of the devastating Malbone Street subway wreck; and uncover a plethora of other captivating tales.
Price: $30, and $25 for members
Brace yourself for an unforgettable experience, where each twist and turn reveals tales of deception, tragedy, and the unexpected.
Please note that if only 1 ticket shows as available during the purchase process that is the last ticket available.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There is no need to print tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This tour includes climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the nature and length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1 or email email@example.com.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.