- This event has passed.
Revolutionary Spirits Trolley Tour
April 9th , 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Delve into the storied past of distilled spirits in Brooklyn with Green-Wood and our neighbors at Fort Hamilton Distillery. The afternoon kicks off with a trolley tour of the Cemetery to discover the Who’s Who of the Revolutionary War and the distillers who made their mark on the young Republic. Afterward, the trolley heads to Fort Hamilton Distillery in Industry City where you’ll experience “white” rye straight off the still, sample whiskey directly from the barrel, and learn how to bottle your own spirits! Also included will be a tasting of four whiskeys, followed by a sampling of their barrel-aged maple syrup.
Price: $50, and $45 for members
Fort Hamilton Distillery started barreling whiskey in 2016 when founder Alex Clark embarked on a mission to recapture America’s finest spirits. Based in Industry City, Brooklyn, and steps from the Cemetery, the distillery is surrounded by landmarks of the Revolutionary War, from which the whiskey maker draws his inspiration.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- Attendees MUST be 21 or older AND fully vaccinated to participate. I.D. and vaccine cards will be checked!
- Attendees MUST wear a face covering at all times on the trolley and in the distillery (except when tasting samples), regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- This trolley tour will involve briefly walking on uneven terrain and climbing steps; however attendees may stay seated in the trolley if they wish. Comfortable footwear is suggested.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
- There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Seating is limited. Trolley tours routinely sell out. We strongly suggest that you reserve tickets in advance to ensure a spot for your preferred day.!
- Tickets are non-refundable (unless the tour is canceled by Green-Wood) and cannot be exchanged for a different tour or date!
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever. We will credit your ticket(s) for a future tour or program, just email email@example.com prior to your tour. Please understand our staffing is limited and we will respond as soon as we can.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Photo Courtesy of Fort Hamilton Distillery