- This event has passed.
October 14th , 3:30pm – 6:00pm
Delve into the storied past of distilled spirits in Brooklyn with Green-Wood and our neighbors at Fort Hamilton Distillery.
The afternoon kicks off with a trolley tour of the Cemetery to discover the Who’s Who of the Revolutionary War and the distillers who made their mark on the young Republic.
Price: $50, and $45 for members
Afterward, the trolley heads to Fort Hamilton Distillery in Industry City where you’ll experience “white” rye straight off the still, sample whiskey directly from the barrel, and learn how to bottle your own spirits! Also included will be a tasting of four whiskeys, followed by a sampling of their barrel-aged maple syrup.
Fort Hamilton Distillery started barreling whiskey in 2016 when founder Alex Clark embarked on a mission to recapture America’s finest spirits. Based in Industry City, Brooklyn, and steps from the Cemetery, the distillery is surrounded by landmarks of the Revolutionary War, from which the whiskey maker draws his inspiration.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- Attendees MUST be 21 or older to participate. ID cards will be checked!
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There is no need to print tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This tour includes climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the nature and length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.