Juneteenth Trolley Tour
June 19th , 10:00am – 12:00pm
Join us to recognize and honor men and women who fought for emancipation and those who fought for the civil liberties of Black Americans well into the twentieth century.
The tour will be led by Green-Wood Historian Jeff Richman, along with Moses Phillips, lecturer in ethnomusicology, music theory, and critical theory at Medgar Evers College.
Price: $30, and $25 for members
We’ll make a special stop at the grave of James Weldon Johnson (1871-1938), the man who wrote “Lift Every Voice and Sing,” widely regarded today as the “Black National Anthem.” Phillips will serenade us with a rendition of this powerful song and offer a flute interlude.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- Due to COVID-19, this tour may be canceled. Attendees will be notified immediately of any changes and your ticket(s) will be refunded.
- Attendees MUST wear a face covering at all times on the trolley, regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- This trolley tour will involve briefly walking on uneven terrain and climbing steps; however attendees may stay seated in the trolley if they wish. Comfortable footwear is suggested.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
- There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Seating is limited. Trolley tours routinely sell out. We strongly suggest that you reserve tickets in advance to ensure a spot for your preferred day.!
- Tickets are non-refundable (unless the tour is canceled by Green-Wood) and cannot be exchanged for a different tour or date!
- Inclement weather policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever. We will credit your ticket(s) for a future tour or program, just email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your tour. Please understand our staffing is limited and we will respond as soon as we can.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.