- This event has passed.
Juneteenth Trolley Tour
June 17th , 10:00am – 12:00pm
On June 19, 1865, enslaved people in Texas were informed by a Union general that they were emancipated—over 2 years after Lincoln issued the emancipation proclamation. Ever since, this day has been celebrated in communities across the United States as a commemoration of the end of slavery. Declared a federal holiday in 2021, Juneteenth is a celebration of the progress we’ve made in the fight for freedom (and a reminder of how far we still have to go).
Price: $30, and $25 for members
Join Jeff Richman, Green-Wood’s historian, and Tiva Baloi, coordinator of public programs and education, for a trolley tour focusing on stories of hope, joy, and the quest for freedom. We will visit the graves of Black pioneers of the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, committed abolitionists who supported the 13th Amendment, and more.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There is no need to print tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This tour includes climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the nature and length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.