- This event has passed.
Happily Never After
February 13, 2021 , 12:00pm – 2:00pm
Love and death. They have inspired artists, writers, and philosophers for millennia. But do you know they are perfectly intertwined? At a cemetery!
Forget the box of chocolates and sappy card—treat the special someone in your life to an exploration of Green-Wood. Along the way you will hear tales of the lovesick and the heartbroken, as well as tawdry details of dramatic—and doomed—affairs. You’ll learn about star-crossed Victorian lovers, Charlotte Canda and Charles Jarrett; Henry Ward Beecher’s scandalous affair with Elizabeth Tilton; the tragic death of Theodore Roosevelt’s wife on Valentine’s Day; and more.
Meet at the Main Entrance Gate by Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
$30 / $25 for members. There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name.
Please note: All walking tours traverse hilly and at times uneven terrain. Comfortable footwear is suggested. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– The tour guide will be using a voice amplifier to ensure all social distancing protocols are adhered to.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.