Happily Never After
February 4th , 12:30pm – 2:30pm
Love and death. They have inspired artists, writers, and philosophers for millennia. But do you know where they are perfectly intertwined? At a cemetery!
Forget the box of chocolates and sappy card—treat the special someone in your life to an exploration of Green-Wood. Along the way you will hear tales of the lovesick and the heartbroken, as well as tawdry details of dramatic—and doomed—affairs.
Price: $30, and $25 for members
On this walking tour, you’ll learn about star-crossed Victorian lovers, Charlotte Canda and Charles Jarrett; Henry Ward Beecher’s scandalous affair with Elizabeth Tilton; the tragic death of Theodore Roosevelt’s wife on Valentine’s Day; and more.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the meadow near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. The route includes several steep hills, some stairs, as well as grassy and uneven terrain. There is no place to sit down during the tour. Due to the challenging nature of the route, this tour is not ADA accessible and is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave during the tour. Please consider your own abilities—as well as those in your party—before purchasing tickets.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.