- This event has passed.
(Sold Out) Gay Gothic: Love, Loss, and the Hereafter
October 7th , 3:30pm – 5:30pm
This event is sold out. Make sure you never miss out on tickets again. Green-Wood members get access to tickets before the general public. Join today.
In celebration of LGBTQ History Month, explore what death and memorialization have looked like for queer people throughout Green-Wood’s 185-year history on this special walking tour led by Close Friends Collective. From individuals who died and were laid to rest while still in the closet to couples whose love is declared proudly on their shared monuments, we will revisit the final moments, obituaries, and gravesites of LGBTQ+ permanent residents of Green-Wood and consider how their stories have been told in both life and death.
Price: $30, and $25 for members
Close Friends Collective is a group of queer artists, educators, and performers with a passion for public history. Beyond the gates of Green-Wood, they work in partnership with Henry Street Settlement and Bluestockings to give queer history walking tours of NYC’s Lower East Side.
Please note that if only 1 ticket shows as available during the purchase process that is the last ticket available.
Before Purchasing A Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There is no need to print tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This tour includes climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the nature and length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.