- This event has passed.
Day of the Dead Family Celebration
November 1, 2023 , 3:30pm – 7:00pm
Discover the rich history and traditions associated with the holiday Día de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) through family-friendly crafts, performances, music, activities, and food.
PROGRAM IN ENGLISH
PROGRAMA EN ESPAÑOL
Celebrated throughout Latin America from October 31st to November 2nd, this holiday is a time for family and friends to commemorate departed loved ones through prayer, altars, music, and dance.
Price: Free. Registration recommended to receive event updates.
Price: Free. Registration recommended to receive updates about the event. Walk-ins are welcomed. No admittance after 5:30pm.
Please consider a $10 donation to the Green-Wood Historic Fund so that we can continue to offer free and low-cost programs throughout the year.
BEFORE RESERVING YOUR SPOT, PLEASE NOTE:
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with CDC, and New York State and City guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Where to go: The event takes place near the Modern Chapel located just a short distance from the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street). Please arrive before 5:30pm. No admittance after 5:30pm.
- For Your Safety: Parts of this event will take place over grassy terrain. Attendees are strongly encouraged to wear appropriate shoes.
- A Little More About Safety: Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the event and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start time. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.