(SOLD OUT) Beetles, Bees, and Butterflies, Oh My! (Member-Only Walking Tour)
October 2nd , 10:30am – 12:00pm
On this tour, naturalist Matthew Wills will take you on a journey to notice and appreciate some of Green-Wood’s smallest residents: bugs! Together we will explore some of Green-Wood’s gardens and meadows to observe a variety of insects and learn about their roles in our ecosystem. You’ll gain new insights into the importance of these often unnoticed and unappreciated creatures that surround us.
Naturalist Matthew Wills has led bug and bird walks for the Brooklyn Bird Club, NYC Wildflower Week, and the National Wildlife Foundation’s Eco-Schools program. He has documented some 639 arthropod species, including 589 insects species, in Green-Wood for iNaturalist.
Price: $5 for members, and $10 for guests of members
Special caution advised for people with allergies to insect bites or fear of certain insects. All attendees ages 2 and up require a ticket. Children MUST be accompanied by an adult.
Members will need to use the fall advanced registration password to access tickets (you will not need your member ID). Please email email@example.com if you need the password.
Location: Check-in takes place in the meadow at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- Attendees are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to wear a face covering at all times, regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- This tour will involve walking on uneven terrain and climbing steps. Suitable footwear is recommended for all tours and events, and flashlights are strongly encouraged for those taking place after sunset.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the meadow near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
- There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Tickets are non-refundable (unless the tour is canceled by Green-Wood) and cannot be exchanged for a different tour or date!
- Inclement weather policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
- Your membership must be active at the time of the event. Each member is allowed a number of member tickets in line with their membership benefits. Purchases that do not follow these guidelines may be canceled and refunded. Please click here to view ticket allowances for members only events.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.