- This event has passed.
July 5th , 6:00pm – 8:30pm
Presented in partnership with Death of Classical
The Long Story
We can think of no better way to escape from the sticky, sweaty, dumpster-fire mess that is NYC in July, than by letting the superstar Norwegian violinist-slash-Nordic-goddess Eldbjørg Hemsing take us on a journey through her icy homeland.
For this frosty mid-summer program, Hemsing explores the epic mythology and fragile reality of her native land, contrasting the sunny expansiveness of Grieg’s second Violin Sonata with a sweeping suite from Arctic, her acclaimed new album which paints the picture of a magnificent ecosystem threatened by climate change.
Price: $85 (no member discount)
The Short Story
Forget about the dog days of summer. Come chill in the Catacombs with us, as this flaxen-haired fiddler extraordinaire shows us a world at risk, and reminds us why we need to protect Earth’s most precious natural resources before they vanish for good.
For more information on this evening’s program and the performers, visit Death of Classical’s website.
BEFORE Purchasing Your Tickets, PLEASE NOTE:
- Tickets: There is no need to print tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in ONLY takes place at the Gothic Arch near the Main Entrance on Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- Be On Time!: Check-in begins 15 minutes before your ticketed start time. We will start with a 45-minute reception at the Modern Chapel to enjoy a whiskey tasting and snacks (all free!), and the beauty of the Cemetery, before the program begins. Tasting is for those 21 years of age or older with proof of ID.
- For Your Comfort and Safety: The journey to and from the Catacombs takes approximately 20-30 minutes, which includes walking over hilly and uneven terrain; proper footwear is recommended. A trolley service to and from the site will be available.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the event is canceled.
- COVID Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.