Close-up of the photograph that Greg owned.

The bust of Henry Ward Beecher (1813-1887). He is interred at Green-Wood in section 139/140, lot 25911.

The new Davis gravestone. The epitaph was written by James Whyte Davis more than a century ago.

This photograph was taken soon after the Matthews Monument was unveiled at Green-Wood--about 1875-1880.

Detail of the Sea Captain. Note the green wash on the left hand. The marble figure, as designed, held the sextant (a navagational device) that was used by Captain John Correja to guide his ship across the seas.