- This event has passed.
(Postponed) Green-Wood’s Hidden Treasures: A Historian’s View
May 8, 2021 , 10:00am – 12:00pm
This event has been postponed to May 15th at 10am, we are sorry for the inconvenience.
Green-Wood is an immense place, and a visit to our grounds can be overwhelming. What should you see? What direction should you go in? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! This new series of tours, led by the Cemetery’s expert staff, provides a behind-the-scenes exploration of art, history, and nature.
For this morning’s walking tour, Green-Wood Historian Jeff Richman will let you in on some of his nearly thirty years of research. With an eye focused on the fascinating lives of the Cemetery’s permanent residents, he will also share recent discoveries in our ongoing Civil War and Unmarked Graves Projects. Whether you are new to Green-Wood, or an old friend, there will be lots to discover together!
Jeff Richman led his first tour of Green-Wood in 1991, became the Cemetery’s part-time historian in 2001, and has been its full time historian since 2007. He has written three books, two self-guided walking tours, and the history narrative of the Green-Wood mobile app. He also maintains a blog of all things Green-Wood.
Location: Check-in takes place in the meadow at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street. Look for signage.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– The tour guide will be using a voice amplifier to ensure all social-distancing protocols are adhered to.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
– Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.