- This event has passed.
Exploring George Washington’s “First Oval Office” (Free Member Event)
August 27th , 10:00am – 11:00am
Take a step back in time and into George Washington’s “First Oval Office!” Join us, in partnership with the Museum of the American Revolution, to pitch a full-scale replica of General Washington’s Revolutionary War headquarters. You’ll work together with living historians to hammer stakes and hoist walls, while learning everything this tent and its furniture can tell us about camp life during the Revolution.
Stick around after this program for The Battle of Brooklyn and The Meaning of Freedom, our annual free community program commemorating the largest battle of the Revolutionary War, which was fought in part on land that is now part of Green-Wood.
Price: FREE for members, $10 for non-member guests, and FREE for children under 8
Location: Check in takes place at the front meadow near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
Members will need to use the spring/summer advanced registration password to access tickets. Members at the Donor level and below will not need their member ID, as the member tickets reflect the final member price. (Members at the Perry Fellow level and above can use their member ID as usual to access their complimentary tickets.)
Please email email@example.com if you need the password or with other questions.
This program is part of Battle Week organized by our friends at the Old Stone House.
BEFORE Purchasing YOUR Ticket, PLEASE NOTE:
- Your membership must be active at the time of the event. Each member is allowed a number of member tickets in line with their membership benefits. Purchases that do not follow these guidelines may be canceled and refunded. Please click here to view ticket allowances for members only events.
- Tickets: There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the front meadow near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This program involves walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the event is canceled by Green-Wood.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather closely for the best chance of proceeding with the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.