- This event has passed.
The Battle of Antietam: 160 Years Later
September 10th , 10:00am – 12:00pm
The Battle of Antietam was the bloodiest day, not just of the Civil War, but in American history. Over 23,000 men were killed, wounded, or missing after Union Major General George McClellan’s Army of the Potomac attacked Confederate General Robert E. Lee’s Army of Northern Virginia.
Join Jeff Richman, Green-Wood’s historian, and Matt Dellinger, writer and Civil War reenactor, as they share stories of some of the 27 soldiers of that great battle who are interred at the Cemetery.
Price: $30, and $25 for members
You’ll hear of those who sacrificed so much, including Lieutenant Henry Sand, who wrote to his mother as he lay wounded, telling her that he would accept his death if his comrades triumphed.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: Attendees MUST wear a face covering at all times on the trolley, regardless of vaccine status, and follow instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the Historic Chapel near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: This tour includes climbing stairs and walking on grassy and uneven terrain. We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear. Due to the nature and length of the route, this tour is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave the tour early.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. In order to accommodate a wheelchair or other mobility aids on the trolley, arrangements must be made in advance. Please call 718-210-3080, ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.