Meet Your Green Neighbors
July 10th , 9:00am – 10:30am
Whether you’re a budding botanist or simply enjoy wandering Green-Wood’s roads and paths, you’ve likely noticed a remarkable diversity of plants at every turn. But can you put a name to those radiant blooms, lush leaves, and towering trees? Learning how to identify the local flora can seem daunting, but with a little guidance and observation, you’ll be making connections with the landscape in no time.
Join Molly Nash Rouzie, plant watcher with certificates in botany and horticulture, for a tour of the Cemetery’s plant life and an introduction to plant identification.
Price: $25, and $20 for members
During this 90-minute walk, you’ll learn about the characteristics that help botanists make sense of the plants they encounter and come to appreciate the role of these “green neighbors” in our ecosystem.
Location: Check-in takes place in the meadow at the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- Attendees are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to wear a face covering at all times, regardless of vaccine status, and follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors. Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to anyone who refuses to comply with these guidelines, which are based on CDC, state, and city mandates.
- This tour will involve walking on uneven terrain and climbing steps. Comfortable footwear is suggested.
- Location: Check-in takes place at the meadow near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street.
- There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Tickets are non-refundable (unless the tour is canceled by Green-Wood) and cannot be exchanged for a different tour or date!
- Inclement weather policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever. We will credit your ticket(s) for a future tour or program, just email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to your tour. Please understand our staffing is limited and we will respond as soon as we can.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email email@example.com with any questions.