If you would like to opt for full tax credit by not receiving books in your membership packet, please type “no books” into the notes section at checkout. Unless otherwise requested, renewing members will not receive books and gifts, and will instead receive full tax benefits (to the extent allowed by law). Upgrading members will receive the books and gifts that were not included in their previous level of membership.
If you are giving this membership as a gift, include the name, email, phone number, and mailing address of the recipient in the notes section at checkout. If you would like the gift membership packet to be mailed to you, rather than directly to the recipient, please indicate that in the notes.
If you prefer to join through the mail, visit this link to print a membership form.
From school programs and concerts to research and preservation, members make so much of what we do at Green-Wood possible. In return, members enjoy many benefits throughout the year. Each increasing level of membership includes expanded privileges!
Seniors over 62 and full-time students are eligible for discounted Individual membership ($30). Students, please send a photo of your student ID to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Individual membership benefits include
- Voucher for one free regularly priced tour.
- Member discount for one person on all tours, programs and special events.
- Invitations to members-only events.
- Access to advance ticket releases.
- Subscription to our magazine, The Arch.
- Ten-percent discount on books and merchandise online and in person.
- Reciprocal membership benefits to Brooklyn Historical Society.
All the benefits of Individual membership, plus
- Member discounts for a spouse or partner and up to four children under 18 on all tours, programs, and special events.
- First of our two walking tour books, Battle Hill and Back.
- Fold-out map listing 250 of Green-Wood’s most notable residents.
- Ten-percent discount on genealogy research performed by Green-Wood.
All the benefits of Dual membership, plus
- Member discounts for an additional two adults (four in total) on all tours, programs, and special events.
- Second of our two walking tour books, Valley & Sylvan Waters.
PERRY FELLOW: $250
Joseph A. Perry was the first finance director of Green-Wood.
All the benefits of Donor membership, plus
- Free admission for one to all Green-Wood events priced $35 or less. Member discount for three adults and up to four children under 18.
- Signed copy of Brooklyn’s Green-Wood Cemetery: New York’s Buried Treasure, the definitive guide to Green-Wood, written by Historian Jeff Richman.
HOTCHKISS SPONSOR: $500
Almerin Hotchkiss was the first superintendent of grounds at Green-Wood.
All the benefits of Perry Fellow membership, plus
- Free admission for an additional adult (two total) to all Green-Wood events priced $35 or less. Member ticket discounts for two adults and up to four children under 18.
Patrons are our partners in ensuring that Green-Wood will continue to thrive for generations to come. As thanks for their significant philanthropic support, Patrons receive access to specially curated events and private tours.
DAVID BATES DOUGLASS PATRON: $1,000 (OR $83.33/MONTH)
David Bates Douglass was the landscape designer and engineer of Green-Wood.
All the benefits of Hotchkiss Sponsor membership, plus
- An invitation for two to specially curated Patrons and Friends events.
HENRY EVELYN PIERREPONT PATRON: $2,500 (OR $205/MONTH)
Henry Evelyn Pierrepont was the founder of Green-Wood.
All the benefits of David Bates Douglass Patrons, plus
- One private walking tour for up to 10 people (by appointment).
DEWITT CLINTON PATRON: $5,000 (OR $405/MONTH)
DeWitt Clinton served as mayor of New York City, state senator, assemblyman, governor, and United States senator. He is interred at Green Wood.
All the benefits of Henry Evelyn Pierrepont Patrons, plus
- One private insider’s tour led by Green-Wood staff for up to 10 people (by appointment).