Our popular summer spectacle, A Night at Niblo’s Garden, returns on July 12th and 13th. The distinguished Mr. William Niblo, played by Benjamin Feldman, will be with us … but the role of Mrs. Niblo has yet to be cast. YOU could be Mrs. Niblo for the evening! Submit your audition clip!
What does it mean to be Mrs. Niblo?
- Mrs. Niblo will appear at two evening performances: Friday, July 12th, and Saturday, July 13th. At each, she will be the very picture of a Victorian New Yorker, including era-appropriate costume and mannerisms.
- Prior to the event, Mrs. Niblo will meet with production for costume selection and fittings (must be available on July 10th at 10am at TDF Costume Collection Astoria, Queens).
- At the events, Mrs. Niblo will accompany Mr. Niblo as he hosts guests outside the family mausoleum, as he strolls the grounds and, possibly, in a boat set to coast across Crescent Water.
- Mrs. Niblo may be played by anyone, regardless of gender identity.
- In short: Mrs. Niblo will be expected to wear all required attire; follow the lead of Mr. Niblo, as played by Ben Feldman; be comfortable in a watercraft; be able to stand and walk for a minimum 2 hours.
How to submit an audition:
- Film yourself in the character of Mrs. Niblo! Sashay across a lawn, twirl your parasol, warmly welcome guests to your mausoleum. Keep your clip short (no more than 60 seconds!) and joyful.
- Post your clip* using the hashtag #IAmMrsNiblo and tag @historicgreenwood. You can do so on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
- Final casting decisions will be made by Mr. Niblo and the Green-Wood team, and announced on July 9th.
* Please note, auditions may only be submitted by social media — no clips submitted by email will be considered.