- This event has passed.
(SOLD OUT) Faure: Requiem
Cantori New York
October 21, 2021 , 6:00pm – 8:30pm
THE LONG STORY
As we slowly resurface from the collective suffering wrought by COVID-19, we must take time to mourn the terrible toll of those we’ve lost, while also striving to find meaning and light in the darkness.
Fauré wrote his requiem to be a musical consolation, a deeply human response to the suffering of death and the pain of grief, that paints a picture of the paradise that awaits, and the merciful peace of eternal rest.
We close our season with a large-scale, outdoor, candlelit performance of this piercingly beautiful work, performed by the extraordinary singers of Cantori New York.
The Short Story
Join us in remembrance of those we’ve lost, and in hope of a better world to come.
$80, no member discount available. There are no paper or e-tickets. Attendees will be checked in by name. Click here for our inclement weather policy.
Important things to note before purchasing your tickets
- Doors open at 6pm, the program starts at 7pm, and lasts approximately one hour. No admittance after 7pm.
- The journey to and from the performance site takes approximately 5 minutes, which includes walking over hilly and uneven terrain; proper footwear is recommended.
- You will be seated on grass, you are welcome to bring cushions and/or blankets. Chairs are also permitted!
- Outside food and drinks are prohibited, except water.
- Rain date Sunday, October 24th.
- Health and safety protocols will be strictly enforced, including wearing a mask and keeping a distance of at least 6 feet from those not in your party. Follow directions given by Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Sorry, we cannot refund or exchange tickets for another performance or timeslot.
- There are no member discounts for this performance.
Mandatory Safety Protocols
– Attendees must wear a face covering at all times and maintain at least a 6-foot distance from those not in their group.
– Follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
– The walk is over hilly and uneven terrain, comfortable footwear is encouraged.
– Travel Safely: Green-Wood recommends following all safety precautions while traveling to and from the Cemetery, whether by foot, mass transit, or driving. If taking mass transit, please check the MTA’s guidelines.
– Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a temperature. Please use good judgement if you have recently been exposed to someone with COVID-19. For more information about COVID-19, please check the CDC website.
Green-Wood reserves the right to deny entry to any visitor who refuses to comply with the safety guidelines.
If you observe a situation or behavior that does not reflect these protocols, please advise an ambassador or other staff member immediately. With everyone’s cooperation this will be a memorable and safe unique experience.