- This event has passed.
Birding in Peace
September 4th , 6:30am – 8:00am
Before our gates open to the general public, birding expert Rob Jett leads these peaceful early morning walking tours to discover the birds that make Green-Wood their home—at least temporarily. By September, offspring of nesting birds will be on their own. Returning warblers will be in their less flamboyant fall plumage. Large numbers of blackbirds, flycatchers, sparrows, vireos, and swallows will also be passing through.
Price: $20, and $15 for members
By October, waterfowl are returning, and we’ll look for raptors heading south. November will bring back our overwintering feathered denizens from the north.
Before Purchasing Your Ticket, Please Note:
- COVID-19 Policy: In accordance with New York State and CDC guidance, masks are optional. Attendees must follow ALL instructions and guidance from Cemetery staff and ambassadors.
- Tickets: There are no paper or e-tickets! Attendees will be checked in by name.
- Where To Go: Check-in takes place at the meadow near the Main Entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street (500 25th Street).
- For Your Safety: We strongly encourage attendees to wear suitable footwear.The route includes several steep hills, some stairs, as well as grassy and uneven terrain. There is no place to sit down during the tour. Due to the challenging nature of the route, this tour is not ADA accessible and is not recommended for children under the age of 10.DA accessible and is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- A Little More About Safety: Unless it is a medical emergency, it is not possible to leave during the tour. Please consider your own abilities–as well as those in your party–before purchasing tickets.
- Refunds and exchanges: Ticket sales are final. No exchanges or refunds unless the tour is canceled.
- Inclement Weather Policy: We monitor the weather throughout the day for the best chance of proceeding with the tour, and will not make a final decision until at least 3 hours before the start of the tour. Cancellations will be announced via Eventbrite email blasts, so check your email and spam folders.
- Feeling Sick? Stay home if you are feeling sick or running a fever.
Not a Member?
Already a Member?
Click the gray tickets button to activate the Eventbrite pop-up, then click Enter promo code. Type in your ID number and apply your discount.
Don’t know your Member ID number? Not sure which ticket or membership type to order? Call 718-210-3080 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.