- – To walk Green-Wood’s 478 acres is to follow the steps of New Yorkers and Americans dating back to 1838. Stroll the grounds on your own, or use our self-guided walking tour books and mobile app. You will discover a peaceful oasis in urban New York, and 175 years of history and beautiful landscape. Admission to Green-Wood is free at all times, and free maps are available at any of our entrances.
- – Choose a guided tour or other event to attend. Public programs at Green-Wood highlight the landmark’s vast array of themes including New York culture, the Revolutionary and Civil Wars, landscape design, art and architecture, and much more.
- – Book a private group or a school group to see Green-Wood by guide.
Green-Wood’s main entrance at Fifth Avenue and 25th Street operates on a seasonal schedule. The main gate keeps the following hours:
7:45 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7:45 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
7:45 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
7:45 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
– From May 1st to Memorial Day:
– From Memorial Day to Labor Day:
– From Labor Day to September 30th:
– From October 1st to Daylight Savings Time:
– During Eastern Standard Time (winter hours):
The gate at Fourth Avenue and 35th Street is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., seven days a week. Entrances at Fort Hamilton Parkway and on Prospect Park West are open 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on weekends only.
- – Jogging, biking and other recreational activities are not permitted. Motorcycles are prohibited. Bike and motorcycle parking is available at all entrances.
- – Pets are not permitted.
- – Green-Wood enforces strict rules for placing flowers, plants, and decorations on the grounds and will remove any that are not allowed. A full set of rules is available in our main office.
We encourage you take photos and document your visit to Green-Wood. Professional photography (intended for publication or commercial use) is permitted only with the written consent of The Green-Wood Cemetery. The use of movie cameras, video and live models is strictly prohibited.
Please note that Green-Wood is an active and working cemetery. Please be respectful of funeral services and those visiting loved ones.
Green-Wood trolley tours are fully accessible and ADA compliant. Historic Green-Wood structures, like the Historic Chapel, may not be fully accessible for some individuals.